Running and growing a business can be a lonely and difficult job to do. There are often few people to seek advice and guidance from. Friends can provide support however this support is often biased and may not challenge you enough.
A critical friend can be defined as a trusted person who asks provocative questions, provides data to be examined through another lens, and offers critiques of a person’s work as a friend. A critical friend takes the time to fully understand the context of the work presented and the outcomes that the person or group is working toward. The friend is an advocate for the success of that work.
The Critical Friend role isn’t necessarily to provide the answers, it is much more about providing valuable, honest and confidential viewpoints.
A Critical Friend can help to:
- Air ideas & clear their mind to think through issues
- Generate more ideas and perspectives
- Avoid ‘group think’
- Make better decisions
- Keep focused
- Draw up action plans and stick to them
- Achieve Goals
- Review progress
- Access other networks and outside knowledge/support
For further details about what our Critical Friend service can add to your business please download our Critical Friend Guide
Support is offered in a unique package
- Monthly half day meeting with an agenda set by you
- Unlimited support via email and phone
- Monthly newsletter providing opportunities, advice and guidance and useful tips
We have assisted clients from all across the Midlands (Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Lincolnshire) and London. Contact us to see how we can help your business grow and develop.